GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE & SUPER FACILITY HOSPITAL, AZAMGARH
Government Medical College & Super Facility Hospital is located about 20 kilometer from city on Azamgarh to Kharihani road.
ENQUIRY AND INFORMATION ABOUT COLLEGE & HOSPITAL
Central Enquiry and Registration is located at the entrance of the hospital
Telephone number of Central Enquiry (Super Facility Hospital): 05463-235358
Telephone number of Government Medical College: 05463-235194
Enquiry counters and help desk also exist in the OPD and Emergency
Email. ID: email@example.com
- The hospital has 550 beds (Including the emergency and private wards)
- There are 173 doctors (including faculty members, Sr. and Jr. Residents), 180 nursing staff and 77 paramedical staff.
RIGHT TO INFORMATION
Office in charge: Dr. M.K. Gupta, Medical Superintendent
Appellate Officer: Principal,Government Medical College, Azamgarh U.P.
CASUALTY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
Officersincharge: Dr. Nitin Singh
Phone no. of Casualtyincharge: +919648490255
Location: Ground floor, Emergency entrance of hospital.
- Casualty and Emergency services available 24x7 & anyone with urgent medical problem can have consultation /treatment in the casualty.
- Depending on the nature of Casualty/Emergency which needs medical intervention, the patient will be registered at the casualty registration counter free of charge and medical services provided promptly.
- In addition to Casualty Medical Officers, Casualty has dedicated team of doctors from major specialties of medicine, surgery, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology & nursing staff, paramedics who orderlies to provide urgent medical services.
- All endeavors are made to provide better medical care including all possible investigations (available in the hospital 24x7) and prompt treatment.
- In serious cases, Treatment or management gets priority over paper work like Registration/Medicolegal requirements.
- Casualty has a fully equipped Emergency operation theatre with modern gadgets like monitors, ventilators, nebulizers, defibrillators, central oxygen and suction supply, etc.
- All urgent investigations like pathological, microbiology, Biochemistry, ECG, USG, X-ray are available for casualty patient round the clock.
- Facilities for CT scan are available & MRI will be soon available in the hospital campus on payment basis as per government orders.
- All medical and Surgical items available in the Casualty are provided free of cost.
- Facilities like wheel chair and patient trolley are available at the entrance of Casualty & Hospital.
- Telephone and public utilities like toilets and waiting area are available in Hospital.
OUTPATIENT DEPARTMENT (OPD) SERVICES
Location:At respected Departmental floors.
Registration time Consultation Time
General OPD 8.00 a.m.to 2.00 p.m. 8.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
Specialty Clinics 8.00 a.m.to 2.00 p.m.8.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
- OPD registration card can be obtained by paying Rs. 1.00 at the OPD Registration counter located at the entrance of Government medical College & Super Facility Hospital for consultation in general/super-specialty OPD.
- Referred cases from tertiary and other hospital must also get registered for consultation in the OPDs.
- The OPD registration card is valid for 15 days of consultation, after which a new registration card should be obtained if consultation/treatment goes beyond 15 days.The patient has the right to consult any doctor/ consultant.
- Patient are seen on first comes first serve basis. However, the priority will be given to serious cases.
Detail of OPDs Floor wise:
Skin & VD
TB & chest
- During OPD consultation, the consultant will fill up the requisition forms for various investigations and direct/ guide the patient to the concerned lab/ department.Certain particular investigations are done on particular days only.
- Patient should obtain the investigation report on the date/ time given for collection of the same from the concerned lab /department.
- All the investigations are done free for BPL card holders, Ayushman Bharat beneficiary.The payment for any investigation is charged as per fixed rate/free by government. Patient should remit the payment and obtained proper receipt from the concerned lab/ department.
- Depending on the work load, patient will be called on future dates by concerned department for certain investigations. Many facilities are provided at OPD level, such as ECG, Plaster, injection, immunization, contraception, MTP services, minor surgical intervention, Physiotherapy, bronchoscopy & endoscopy, etc.
- The decision to admit a patient rests with the treating consultant. The patient will be admitted if there is a bed available in the particular specialty but in case of emergency admission may be done.
- Patient requiring medical certificates should apply to the medical Superintendent of super facility hospital, Azamgarh, who will send it to the concerned department for issuing. Medical treatment/ fitnessand other such certificates of admitted patients, issued by the consultant will be valid only if it is countersigned by medical superintendent of the hospital.
- Patient should park their vehicle in the paid parking area at the entrance of the hospital campus. Otherwise it is likely to be towed away.
- There is a medicine counter adjacent to the casualty/Emergency department, run by the state Government Employees, where medicines are available at free of cost.
- There is no admission charge for general ward &Medicines I.V.fluids and surgical items, linen etc will be provided free of cost to the patient.
- The private room is allotted to the patient on the recommendation of the concerned Physician / Surgeon with written request. The rate of room in private ward and other services are as follows:
- Each room has attached bath room and toilet, additional bed for attendant.
Room charges Rs.250.00 per day
Doctors Services Free
Nursing care Free
- All the patients will receive treatment by team of Resident doctor and Nursing staff available round the clock under the supervision and guidance of Faculty Members. Additional charges will be applicable for specific investigations, procedures, surgery,etc.
- Special ward like ICU, SICU, NICU, PICU, HDU are equipped with modern gadgets and devices like ventilators, monitors, defibrillators, nebulizers, incubators etc to provide better quality.
- Hospital attendants are available in different wards to help inpatient care and related activities.Hospital has generator back up.
- Food is served two times a day free of cost to indoor patient & one attendant.
- Visitors are allowed only during visiting hours, i.e. from 4.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m.
The hospital has fully equipped modern operation theatres where all kinds of major and minor surgeries are performed using the latest techniques and technology.Routine surgeries are done as per list maintained by the respective department(s).
Central laboratory (24x7)
Sample collection timing: (24x7)
All type of routine and special investigations are done in the hospital, including biochemical, microbiological, pathology and immunology.
The hospital has a licensed modern state of the art blood bank that functions 24 hours a day and provides facilities for blood donation, storage, issue of blood and its strict precautions are taken and testing is done to prevent any borne infection. Blood is issued on exchange basis and patient requiring blood should arrange healthy blood donor of blood.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF USERS
- The success of this charter depends on the support we receive from our users.
- Please try to appreciate the various constraints under which the hospital is functioning. A large number of patients attend the OPD, Casualty/Emergency care daily.
- Please follow the rules and regulations of the hospital campus.
- Please don’t cause inconvenience to other patients by crowding or making noise unnecessarily.
- Please help us in keeping the hospital neat and clean.
- Please don’t argue with security guards, show your passes when asked and help us for maintaining the order and peace inside the hospital premises.
- Please use the facilities of this hospital with care and do not damage/ spoil hospital property.
- Do not indulge in any money transaction with touts and unauthorized persons.
- The hospital is a NO SMOKING ZONE. Please do not smoke in the hospital.
- Please refrain from demanding undue favors from hospital staff and officials.
- Please provide useful feedback and constructive suggestions. These may be addressed to the Medical Superintendent of the hospital.
Indoor Services were started in the specialized fields of